Subject: RE: IBM screenshots to LW (Flyer)
From: [email-masked] (Ken VanBrocklin)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:33:02 -0500

PalaBart wrote:
>I've got a client who wants to use some IBM screen shots in a commercial.
> Anyone have any relatively simple way to get 'em to the Flyer for use in a
>LW animation?  I've gone the other way (Amiga to IBM) and sometimes it 
works
>and sometimes it doesn't work well at all.

The key next to all the "F1 - F12" key's (on my keyboard) that says "Print 
Screen".
Bring up the screen you want to grab, push "Print Screen" go into PhotoShop 
select New, and then paste. (or shift insert. key shortcut) you will need to 
re-scale the image to convert them from the square pixels that were part of 
the screen grab, to make them rectangular. I think you need to scale the 
image about about +20% horizontally (dont remember the exact amount) to get 
the right aspect ratio. The final image should be 752pixels X 480 for use in 
the Flyer. Then just  save them as an IFF.

BTW.  this method works great in LightWave for making templates to paint on. 
In Modeler turn off the grid,  for a top view map hide all the polygons that 
wont use the map, zoom in on the model from the top view and Print Screen. 
This gives you a distortion free image of your model right down to the 
polygons. Paste the Image into PhotoShop and have some fun!